Thursday 20 May 2010

Hot Little Boutique






Strutting around the high street picking out the latest trends is like breathing for any good fashionista. But if you’re like me, sometimes you want to head off the beaten track and find a hidden, hot little boutique (HLB). At your very own HLB you can pick up cute buy's away from prying eye's, its your very own fashionable little secret.
My HLB is Body Basics. It’s tucked away between a cheese shop and Boots in Liverpool Street, London. I absolutely LOVE this place. I've been going there for years and anytime I wear one of the items I've picked up I get a lot of "Where did you buy that!?" Normally I mumble/ lie (I don’t want anyone else to be in the know) but I've changed my ways and decided to share.

Body Basics is like an Aladdin’s cave; its small but jam packed with cute one off dresses, bodies and cardigans as well as stacks of jewellery and swimwear.
The staff are all incredibly sweet (I practically feel like an honorary staff member due to all the time I spend in there), the return policy does not lock you in (you can get a refund here not like other boutiques where the return policy holds your money ransom) and there is practically something new in everyday- there are tons of different clothing lines stocked in store. And the prices start from £16 upto the £100's so there is something to suit everyones pocket.
Speaking to the girls at Body Basics today, I discovered that a member of staff is a designer who has her clothes stocked in-house. Lucy, pictured above with one of her pieces, is the store owner’s daughter and her label neverfullydressed is to die for. Often consisting of tops and dresses characterised by little pearls round the cuffs, they have a sense of romance and fit like a dream(the shot at the top shows Lucy's designs on a stall @Spitalfields Market).

So there you have it, my very own little boutique secret xx

Visit www.neverfullydressed.com to see Lucy's full range or visit Body Basics in Liverpool Street

1 comment:

 

accutane lawsuit